If you’ve come to check us out for open rehearsals these last few weeks, you know by now that our next event is going to be so much fun some of us are jumping up and down with excitement!
VCS will present the Celtic Arts Festival, an afternoon of music and art, on – wait for it – St. Patrick’s Day.
from 1 – 5 pm
Saturday, March 17, 2012
at Vienna Elementary School
In addition to our own choir, now at 75+ voices, the afternoon will feature rotating performances by the following:
- Tinsmith – a folk band fusing traditional music with modern influences
- Rich Follett – singer, songwriter, poet and minstrel
- The Irish Breakfast Band – 20+ member traditional Ceili band and dancers from the DC area
- Katherine Hughes – a traditional celtic dancer
- John and William Hughes – father and son bagpipers
- Eammon Carolan – Irish fiddle
You’ll have the opportunity to see traditional Irish dancing at a championship level, stroll among local craft vendors working in the Celtic tradition, and oh yes, eat scrumptious traditional pasties from Vienna’s own Pure Pasty.
The festival will be an open house atmosphere. One ticket buys admittance to the whole afternoon.
Save the date and stay tuned! We’ll tell you when tickets go on sale – soon!