It’s that time of year, when high school and college students look for internships for the coming fall. If you’re looking for an opportunity in the arts, Vienna Choral Society is looking for a couple of good interns. Take a look!
ARTS MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP WITH VIENNA CHORAL SOCIETY
Vienna Choral Society (VCS) is Northern Virginia’s premiere teaching choir. We are in our 30th year and come from all walks of life. We welcome singers of all skill levels, and have a great time singing an ambitious and eclectic repertoire that ranges from Dolly Parton to Dan Forrest – sometimes in the same concert. We sing not only for the joy of it, but to lift voices and spirits, be a good community partner, and offer our choir and audience an uplifting and enriching experience.
VCS is looking for an ARTS MANAGEMENT INTERN.
DESCRIPTION: The VCS Arts Management internship is a dynamic, hands-on experience for a self-starter who wants to get their feet wet in the fast-paced world of the performing arts. Intern will report directly to the Executive Director of VCS.
During the course of the internship, the intern will:
- Learn about and assist with creating, planning, and implementing marketing strategies for a concert or season
- Learn about and assist with market research, media outreach, fundraising, and business development
- Conduct research to identify and prioritize grants and other funding opportunities
- Assist the Executive Director during regular and dress rehearsals
- Help with set-up and strike-down during show night, learn the ins and outs of the “show” from backstage as well as front-of-the-house
- Assist with board meeting prep
- Assist the board, Artistic Director, and Accompanist as needed with administrative duties
DURATION: Mid-August – day after December concert and/or early January – mid-June (exact start/end dates are negotiable). [Read more…]