- Dave and his Jammer, Annalise, don’t just sway, they full out shimmy to the music. While playing.
- There’s a long 7 minute back and forth between him, Greg, and Jen about the music, the fact that the music is wrong, the exact nanosecond during which someone beats something and …. “Hey, this is important technical stuff!”…
- When the choir starts to laugh at that bit, Dave says something to the effect of “Okay fine, we’ll use formal terminology.” Which is how the words “Molto craziando” enter the VCS lexicon.
- Jen says, “I need you to be/sound more sunbathed!” We know exactly what she means, and we sound sunnier, to her satisfaction. Even though it’s Virginia, in mid-December. We’re awesome like that.
- Dave can set up and dismantle equipment awfully fast. Turn around, and everyone’s gone. No joke.
We did get Dave to answer a few questions, and here is what he had to say about drumming and the Jammers.
VCS: I say drums, you say …
DR: The “Stop Immediately” speech!
DR: A steady tempo
DR: Always disciplined.
VCS: Your favorite drum solo is ….
DR: One played with others!
DR: Play a new piece live after only rehearsing it once!