It’s that time of year, when high school and college students look for internships for the coming fall. If you’re looking for an opportunity in the arts, Vienna Choral Society is looking for a couple of good interns. Take a look!
ARTS MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP WITH VIENNA CHORAL SOCIETY
Vienna Choral Society (VCS) is Northern Virginia’s premiere teaching choir. We are in our 30th year and come from all walks of life. We welcome singers of all skill levels, and have a great time singing an ambitious and eclectic repertoire that ranges from Dolly Parton to Dan Forrest – sometimes in the same concert. We sing not only for the joy of it, but to lift voices and spirits, be a good community partner, and offer our choir and audience an uplifting and enriching experience.
VCS is looking for an ARTS MANAGEMENT INTERN.
DESCRIPTION: The VCS Arts Management internship is a dynamic, hands-on experience for a self-starter who wants to get their feet wet in the fast-paced world of the performing arts. Intern will report directly to the Executive Director of VCS.
During the course of the internship, the intern will:
- Learn about and assist with creating, planning, and implementing marketing strategies for a concert or season
- Learn about and assist with market research, media outreach, fundraising, and business development
- Conduct research to identify and prioritize grants and other funding opportunities
- Assist the Executive Director during regular and dress rehearsals
- Help with set-up and strike-down during show night, learn the ins and outs of the “show” from backstage as well as front-of-the-house
- Assist with board meeting prep
- Assist the board, Artistic Director, and Accompanist as needed with administrative duties
DURATION: Mid-August – day after December concert and/or early January – mid-June (exact start/end dates are negotiable).
Selected intern(s) will be encouraged to participate in orientation activities beginning in April through June 2018 (remainder of the current season). They will also be invited to attend our final concert in May for the current season.
BENEFITS TO INTERN: The internship position is unpaid. The intern will obtain the following benefits:
- Learn to manage, market, and produce a live arts event from beginning to end
- Receive school/college credit if applicable
- Receive service hours if applicable
- Receive a certificate of completion
- Be eligible for a recommendation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Powerpoint)
- Utilization of professional telephone etiquette
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comprehension of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media tools
- Ability to be flexible, multi task, be self-directed and meet deadlines
- Passion and joy for activities that improve the lives of others
- Junior or Senior in high school
- Ability to commit to at least one hour a week during regular rehearsal periods (September – May)
- Ability to attend the first two rehearsals of each concert, plus dress rehearsal and show night. During other rehearsals, if interns are unable to attend in person they must do a phone check-in at least once a week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume by April 15, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “internship inquiry” in the subject line.
Please indicate which internship period(s) is/are of interest (Fall, Spring, or whole season) and whether you are available during the orientation session.